Junior and Senior Marketing Consultants
Contractor Position – Build Your Own Client Base
- Have you got a creative mindset and outgoing personality?
- Do you love working from home?
- Do you enjoy working flexible hours?
- Do you prefer working with small businesses?
- Do you like business development?
- Do you have an inquisitive nature that loves to learn new stuff?
- Have you got at least 5 years marketing management experience?
If you’re dynamic, creative, motivated and know how to get the most out of working with small business owners, then this is the perfect job for you!
Based in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane, you will be working as a Marketing Consultant and will be the vital link between Bright Owl Marketing and its small business clients.
This is Contractor Position with a dynamic marketing agency and consulting firm that is on the up and up. We have a very different business philosophy that doesn’t adhere to any rigid corporate structure. And if you like bringing your great ideas to fruition quickly and easily then this could be the perfect job for you.
This position gives you all the freedom from working from home. You won’t have to work from 9 to 5, and there is absolutely no micro managing. You have complete autonomy to do things your way, but you are results focused and are set on achieving the marketing goals for small business.
What does this Marketing Consultant role involve?
In a nutshell, you will help create marketing plans for small business owners then role out and project manage all marketing activities over a 12-month period to help achieve their marketing goals. The roles are just as much about strategy development as well as hands-on implementation.
The work is typically based on monthly retainers and involves:
- Assisting with marketing workshops or running them by yourself
- Create, write and implement marketing initiatives
- Helping business owners stay on track
- Marketing mentoring
- Answering any questions from small business owners
- Understanding marketing challenges and finding new ways to do things
- Contributing to the Bright Owl Marketing community
- Driving the monthly marketing program
- Monitoring marketing campaigns while making improvements along the way
- Conducting regular Work in Progress (WIP) reports
- Managing marketing service providers such as graphic design, web and mobile development and printers.
This is not your typical office job
This is a creative role that is very much about relationship building, project management and rolling your sleeves up and actually doing the work using your entire marketing skill-set. But it definitely won’t suit everyone, due to the nature of position:
- You will be a contractor to Bright Owl Marketing, which means it is desirable for you to have an ABN.
- For senior contractor positions you will be given leads to develop and grow your own client base.
- You be working on small business accounts. Each account will require a set number of projects and campaigns to be carried out each month.
- You can have as many clients or as little as you wish to suit your own personal work/life balance.
OK, I’m interested… But is it really the job for me?
There are a few essential criteria to help determine if you are a good fit for the role:
- Be able to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across a small business
- Sound presentation skills are required to run Marketing Workshops
- Be a likeable person and a strong effective communicator.
- Know how to target the low hanging fruit while implementing long-term goals.
- Have a customer-centric and user-experience mindset
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Experience managing external marketing suppliers.
- At least 5 years marketing and managing experience
There is some preferred experience that we are looking for:
Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in small business marketing would help such as:
Hands On Experience (Highly preferable)
- Copywriting – Content is king! Our clients need a lot of it!
- Social Media – Creating advertising campaigns (Boosted Content and Sponsored Campaigns) across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Good reporting skills.
- Public Relations – Press release writing and media liaison.
- Marketing Communications
- Understanding of SEO and SEM best practices
- Public Relations
- Brand Strategy
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
Contact Us Today
Please forward your cover letter and resume which addresses the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants that address the key crieria will be personally contacted for initial interview.
Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to create your job application.
We look forward to receiving it very soon!